Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!


Friday was my first birthday. It was an exciting day. I went out for tacos at Arturo's for lunch, which was really just an excuse to go out for the greatest thing I have ever eaten - ICE CREAM. I had my first ever ice cream sundae - a vanilla sundae with sprinkles at Margies Candies. At first, I took a few polite bites off the spoon, but when I realized how good it was, there was no stopping me from shoving my little hands right in. After ice cream, we went to the Shedd Aquarium. This was my first time going to the Shedd after learning to walk, which made it tons more fun. I spent at least a half hour walking back and forth between the sharks and stingrays.

It's amazing how quickly a year goes by. One year ago, I was a 7.5 pound baby that couldn't do much of anything. Now, I am a 22 pound toddler walking around, saying words (especially DOG lately), giving hugs, reading books, waving hi and bye, dancing to my favorite tunes, splashing in the bath, eating huge meals, and lots more things that I can't even think of right now. Thanks for keeping updated on this amazing year in my life... I can't wait to show you what's coming up next for me!

4 comments:

JC said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, DAHLIA!!!! Ice cream and the Shedd Aquarium... now that's a perfect way to spend a birthday. (BTW, I love your pink raincoat.)

Thanks so much for sharing your first year with everyone. It's been lovely to see you grow... even from long distance!

June

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to have ice cream with you. You are a special young lady.
Granpa, Jim

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Dahlia. I can't wait till your birtday party. You are getting so big. Love you lots, Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.