Thursday, July 10, 2008

Growing Up Fast!


In the past 3 months, I have gone from a baby to a little kid. I run like a kid, play like a kid, talk like a kid, eat like a kid, (whine like a kid)...

There was a major change in my life over the past 3 months. Mom and Dad moved out of our Bucktown palace to... THE SUBURBS! I think this might have been my fault because they didn't have enough space for all of the new toys I got for my birthday. We live in a house in downtown LaGrange now. The house is right by the train tracks, and I love to watch the trains with Dad and wave bye-bye to them as they fly past. I have lots of great neighbors that are kids - the neighbors next door share their kiddie pool, balls, and sandbox.

Speaking of play... my favorite 2 places in the world right now are the park and the beach. Mom showed me how to push the waves back into Lake Michigan as they come splashing up my legs. As for parks, I love any of them as long as they have a slide.

I am still quite the little eater - not much has changed there. My favorite food is crackers (pronounced "Kah-kuh"). I had pizza for the first time about a week ago and that was quite a hit.

I have become a book and music lover; just like Mom and Dad. I will sit with my books for a long time flipping the pages and naming the animals that I know the words for. My favorite song is Itsy-bitsy Spider. My Grandma Barb taught me all the signs.

I hope the past 3 months have been good for everyone. Thanks again for keeping up with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dahlia,

Shawn and I think you're such a cute monkey! It's been so much fun watching you grow up. I hope we get to see you again soon.

xoxoxo
Love,
Gaddy

Anonymous said...

You are the best.

gwen said...

Dahlia,
you are growing up to be an adorable little munchkin!
can't wait to see you
-your cousin gwen