Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Cade and Me

Lots of people ask what my canine big brother thinks of me. Well, most of the time Cade ignores me. However, I think he does like me. He growls and barks at people a lot more when I'm around... I think he's protecting me. Plus, he comes up in my nursery and naps on the floor by my crib when I am napping. And he comes up and sniffs me when I am crying. But Cade won't ever let me go near him. Normally, when Mom puts me down by Cade, he runs away (that's why you haven't seen any pictures of us together). BUT... I got to pet Cade for the first time this month. This past week, Mom sat down on the floor next to Cade with me on her lap. First, Mom started petting Cade. Then she inched me closer to his belly. Pretty soon, I was close enough to reach out my hand and touch his fur. He didn't run away or anything! Hopefully, this is the start of a beautiful relationship.

No comments: